new

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 12

Quote: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain



Day 12: A picture of someone you could not imagine your life without...





This is almost impossible to chose because there are alot of people I couldn't imagine my life without. I have an incredible family and I have friends so close I consider them family.

But for today's post I'm going to chose my grandma Judy. We've recently had a scare with her that did make me stop and imagine life without her and it's one I am definately not ready for. My grandma still has alot of living to do and we still have alot of memories to make. In October we found out she had a brain tumor and we were all really scared. She's been so strong, positive, and incredible throughout the whole thing and we couldn't ask for a harder fighter! A few months, radiation treatments, and prayers later and I'm happy to say things are looking good! She's surprised us all with how resilient she's been and how well she's delt with this issue.

My grandparents (all 4 of them) mean the world to me and I am blessed enough to have them all in my life. I am so thankful that God was with us and my grandma during this fight. She's been such a trooper and I am excited to say that grandma will be around making many more memories for years to come! I love spending time with my grandma and she's been such a positive influence in my life. She brings happiness to those around her and is a rock for our family.

We love you J-Lu.

**The picture above is of my Dad & Uncle with my Grandma in the hospital after her first brain surgery. They surprised her and shaved their heads so she wouldn't feel alone. Of course this picture made all of us Lutzenkirchen girls cry- can't say we aren't an emotional bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment