new

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Small Obsessions

Quote: "Eat, drink, and be s

Took another blogging hiatus recently. Seems to be a recurring theme these days.

Oh well.

Right now I am feeling good. I have my life in order and am happy. 

Here are a few things that currently are making me happy as a clam:

********

This bad boy in light blue
I've been searching high and low for a new bedside lamp and I finally found it at Kohls. For cheaaaap. It was only $35.99 when it originally sells for over $100.

Steal!

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1293404/safavieh-paris-table-lamp.jsp


********

Recently people have been telling my my dog's collar looks pink. Which irks me because I'm not into having an uber girly dog by any means. The collar is supposed to be fuscia/purple. Come on people, it's not pink! 

But on top of that she rolled in stinky stuff at the lake the other weekend so it was definitely time for a new sexy collar for my girl.

And this little beaut just came in the mail. 
I ordered it from ETSY (link below).

http://www.etsy.com/shop/shopcateyblue?ref=seller_info

I just had to get it in the lavender color. 


It's safe to say she looks super cute now.

**********

Also majorly crushing on my new Nike Pro Combat Leggings.




The are so comfy and so warm.
 I often pretend they are not athletic leggings and I wear them out on the town. And by often I mean basically anytime an outfit requires leggings. 

If we're being serious I couldn't wear them to work out though. 
I'd sweat my butt off in tight leggings. I'm a strictly shorts kinda work out gal. 

*********

Super into my new fly kicks. 

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is people who wear ugly/dirty gym shoes. I know it's a weird pet peeve but it just seriously annoys me. Which is why I always try to have fresh kicks on my feet.

Call my crazy.

***********

I'm really into eating Paleo these days. Although I will admit I allow myself to cheat on weekends.
I like the way eating clean makes me feel. I sleep better, I feel better, I look better. 

Last year I lost 30 lbs by exercising regularly and cutting out processed foods by going Paleo.

I love the way I can eat a ton of veggies and fruit everyday so I always feel full.

I also love experimenting with new Paleo recipes. Last night I made Paleo Meatloaf and it was DELICIOUS.

So delicious in fact that I'll probably make it a couple times this week. I have to use up the ingredients I have left over anyway!

Recipe Below:
-I didn't use peppers in mine but I also added mushrooms and carrots.
I didn't make mine in muffin tins I  made it into a little loaf instead.



INGREDIENTS:
§  1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
§  1 medium zucchini, shredded or chopped finely
§  1 cup finely chopped onion
§  1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
§  1 large egg, lightly beaten
§  2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
§  1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
§  1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
§  1/4 teaspoon salt
§  Feel free to add mushrooms or other veggies are good additions too!

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously spray a nonstick muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Gently mix turkey, zucchini, onion, bell pepper, egg, vinegar, mustard, other veggies, pepper
and salt in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking. Equally divide the mixture
among the muffin cups.
3. Bake until the meatloaves are cooked through or an instant-read thermometer inserted into the
center registers 165 degrees F, about 25 minutes. Let the loaves stand in the pan for 5 minutes
before serving.
Makes 6 servings, 2 loaves each.
**********
I will admit that it comes out looking a little like cat throw up but it tastes soooo good I swear!
Anyway- those are a few of the rando things that are making me happy this week.
Hope you all find little things to make yourself find joy in your week.
xo.
Smell ya later kitties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment