new

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Built in Best Friends

Quote: "Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you never know who would love the person you hide." -unknown



You ever read a good book before going to sleep and wake up the next morning and think it's real life? I do it All.The.Time.

In the past week or so I've finished 3 different books. One morning I woke up thinking I had a rich millionaire husband. One morning I woke up and legit thought I was fighting for the love of a cowboy who had fathered my child and then left for the rodeo. And another morning I woke up thinking I was a dog who loved racing. 

Seriously- I need to get a grip on my life and maybe stop reading so much. But I can't. I LOVE to read. I LOVE to get lost in a good story. I am especially into sappy romance books right now. I think I like them because they make me feel like there is love in the world. No matter how odd and twisted a relationship begins in these stories its fun to see how they all work out. Or don't.

Any who, enough about the fantasy worlds from books I have apparently created in my head... Like a nut job.


This weekend we went to the lake and relaxed, ate, drank, and enjoyed each other's company. Once again it never ceases to surprise me how close my family is and how well we get along. 

I'd like to thank God for a wonderful family and built in best friends. 

Some of my best friends in life are my siblings. When we were younger we played together and fought together. It's been so incredible to watch how our relationships have changed/developed over the years. How we have gone from "play pals" to best friends and support systems. The 4 of us are the ones we can turn to whenever we need help, advice, a laugh or just comfort.

Ann and I are the closest in age and we used to fight a lot. And by fight a lot I mean I probably just picked on her and she cried.  We started to share friends through sports and school since we were so close in age. And it used to drive me up the wall. I used to get SOOO jealous when one of my friends started hanging out with Ann too. I would get so mad.




Fast Forward a few years and now I LOVE that we share friends. It makes it so nice and easy whenever we make plans. It's also awesome that Ann and I are now best friends ourselves. Never would of guessed that one day little annoying Annie would be the person I invite to hang out. 

Love that girl.





Philip and Abby were always younger than me so I didn't hang out with them too much. Now Philip is one of my favorite people. We have a similar dry humor and I love spending time with him. I especially love his friends. It's been so nice throughout his college years to hang out and become friends with his buddies. Philip is away right now with football and life and I miss him. But I can't wait to see where his life takes him. Hopefully where ever he goes we remain close.





Abby is so much younger than me that we didn't have a very close relationship while she was in High School because I was away at college. When I would come home from college she would drive me crazy with all her teenage friends and their drama. I tried to remember when I was 15 and how annoying I was too. But it still drove me nuts. I am so glad we are not in the teenage stage of our family anymore. Recently Abby and I have gotten much closer. I love her sense of humor and the odd ball that she is. We actually spend time together alone now and we can chat on the phone. I think it is so wonderful having a friend in my baby sister. And a funny friend at that. 


My family means the world to me. They are truly the lights of my life. I do not know where I would be without each and every one of them. I treasure and value our relationships as a whole and individually. 




Smell ya later all you sappy siblings out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment