new

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A very quick trip

Quote: "Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." -J. Lubbock


A Very QUICK TRIP:

Yesterday afternoon I made the decision to go meet my parents and sister up at our lakehouse. They were up there because my sister is on Spring Break. ---Best decision I've made in awhile. I was hesitant to go because it's about an hour and 20 mins from my office and it was a Tuesday. I didn't know if it would be worth driving up to the lake for just one night and then rushing back to the office the next morning.

HOWEVER- it was wayyyyyy worth it. The lake is literally my favorite place to go. Once you drive up to our weird hunter green house all your stress and worries just go away. There is NOTHING to worry about when you are up there but just 'being'.

SO yesterday at 3:30 my main squeeze met me at my office and we headed up there. He's been wanting new boots so we stopped at the Western Outlet along the way. I'm happy to say after much searching he finally found his boots!!! He was a happy happy little country boy with his new boots.

Then we continued on and got to the lakehouse around 5:30pm with plenty of daylight left. We immediately changed into sweatpants, mismatched socks, oversized holey sweatshirts -the only proper attire when at the lakehouse. Then we trudged up the driveway to watch my dad chop down a HUGE HUGE tree with an ax. Dad and Taylor went to town on the tree and chopped and chopped and chopped. My sister and I just watched, cheered them on -and of course made fun of them a little! It took them a long time and you could tell they were exhausted. On top of that their hands got all torn up and bloody. Don't worry I bandaged them up with some neosporin and love!

After that we had a delicious dinner -steak, baked potaotes, green beans, corn on the cob, & salad. AND of course red wine.

Then we all drank some wine (minus abby) and watched the Women's National Championship game. It was a much better game than the Men's National Championship -that game was awful to watch.

By 11:30 we were all exhausted and went to bed. We got to sleep in until 7:45am which was AWESOME. (I never thought I'd say the words 'sleep in UNTIL 7:45am' but normally I've already driven an hour and am at work by 7:45am so this was a treat for me). Sometimes it sucks to be an adult!

Mom made us bacon, sausage, eggs, and pancakes (ew) for breakfast. We drank coffee, ate breakfast, showered and were on the road back to work by 8:45.

Although we weren't able to stay at the lake long it was definately worth the trip just for the night. I love the lake and I love spending time with family up there.

I'm sure now that the weather is nice and summer is around the corner I'll be making alot of little impromptu lake trips like this one!

Smell ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment