new

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Rodeo 2012

Quote: "It's the bulls and blood, dust and mud, and the road of a Sunday crowd..."


-RODEO-
For the past 3 years I have attended the Auburn Rodeo every April.

The vet school at Auburn has a fraternity and they put on the rodeo every year to raise money. It's basically just a huge day of drinking in a giant cow pasture. There is also an actual rodeo taking place too.


At the end of the day Eric Church put on a concert.

 It was awesome.

Last year Blake Shelton performed and it was one of my favorite concerts ever. 


The best part about rodeo is that everyone dresses like a "red neck".

It's just a fun time full of cut off jeans, cut off tees, boots, bandanas, etc.


Erin and I rocking our aviators at the rodeo.



Unfortunately I am TERRIFIED of horses so the actual rodeo part scares the living crap out of me. It was probably a poor decision to stand up against the fence to watch while the horses were running and bucking all over.

I may or may not have let a wee little tear slip out when I got really scared.

Talk about being a total baby.

From then on I watched from afar SLASH I didn't watch ha.



I wasn't brave enough to actually get up on the fence.

I was perfectly happy on the ground where I could quickly take of running if a devil horse came at me.


My sister, Brian  and I enjoying the Rodeo.


They had a "sexy tug o war" during a break in the rodeo and invited ladies to come compete.

Of course my sister and friend quickly hopped the fence to go kick some butt.


Their team won every time.

GO BIG GIRLS WHAT YOU GON' DO.

 GO GO BIG GIRLS. ha


The bathroom situation at rodeo is always NASTY.

So we were smart and brought our own Toliet Paper so we could construct a makeshift bathroom.

It may look gross to you but it was actually WAY more sanitary than using one of the port-o-potties.


The whole day was alot of fun and I'm glad I got to spend it with friends and family.


I ended up coming home from rodeo without a voice. I had no voice for 2 days and it made answering my phone at work super annoying.

This may be one of the last years I attend rodeo because my brother is graduating this December so he won't be living down in Auburn next April.

I'm happy to report that for the past 3 years I have definately gotten my rodeo fix though. No complaints at all.


Smell ya later cowpeoples.  Yeehaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment