new

Thursday, March 29, 2012

March Madnesssss

Quote: "Most of the shadows of our lives are caused by standing in our own sunshine."
                - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Warning- this post is lengthy.
 You'll either like this or you should X out of the screen right meow.

So this month has been a good month so far. Thank goodness because it's almost over and I don't have time to make it a good month if it already wasn't!

Earlier in the month one of our very good family friend's turned 21. Casey is down-syndrome and has been dreaming about having a big 21st birthday party. My family and I showed up to her bash and we were greeted by a red carpet and a sign that said "Casey's Club". We all got a stamp on our hands that said "Casey" to get into the club. Let's just say the girl knows how to throw a party ha.


My sisters and I with the Birthday Girl


Casey sippin' on her "vodka drink".
(it was sparkling cider but don't tell her otherwise or she'll get mad).


Mom tried to take a normal picture of all of us but we kept making faces.
 This is the 4th try... she failed again. ha Sorry Mom.




Later that night my best friend, college roomie, fellow blogger, love of my life, twinkle toes, (BUT not lesbian lover believe it or not based on how I just described her), came into town so we went out. Kelley (follow her blog) is in Speech Pathology school in Memphis and I miss her alot. Luckily she gets to come home every so often because of holiday breaks and summer breaks.

We took advantage of her being home and all went out in Atlanta and it was a grand ol' time.

You know it's a good night when you end up shoved in your friend's mom's minivan cruising the streets of HotLanta. **Shout out to J for being the DD. ha


I love my terrified facial expression in this one because I'm shoved like a sardine in the back of a minivan.

This month my Faja (aka faggy day, poppi, grandpapa, dad) turned the buig 4-9. We got pizza on Marietta Square and celebrated the life of this wonderful man. He's seriously the best father ever and I wouldn't ever trade him. I can't imagine having another type of dad in my life. He's so much fun, such a positive influence in my life, so supportive, and so so so so so special to me.

At the restaurant there was a "balloonist" (is that a word?) who made my dad a bday hat.


Of course we all had to try it on for size. Cute little grandma..


I undoubtedly rocked this hat.


Philip made the same face I did without even knowing it.


Wittle Annie was not amused.


Cutesy little mom.


Moral of these photos:
The family that wears balloon hats together stay's together.

Next up was St. Patty's Day.
(I figured it's only fitting to switch to a green font)

We had family friends in town from when we lived in Indy. The Hart's lived next door to us and were our best friends. We miss them alot and it's always such a blessing to find time to catch up and of course drink green beer at a gay bar together.

-Yes, I took my family and the Hart's to a gay restaurant for St. Patty's Day. Let's just say we were the only straight people there and the only people not covered in green glitter and skimpy outfits.

AND yes.. let's just say WE.LOVED.IT.

It was such a fun time.

The "Big Daddy's".


Greeeeeeen beeeeer.


Erin and I loving the patio, beer, family, and friends.


Top O' the Morning to Ya.


Girlies in Atlanta.


Friends who are like family.


These past few weeks have been busy but wonderful. I have a great life and am for sure trying to live it to the fullest.


Smell ya later my little leprechaun friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment