new

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Triangular Marriage

Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge." -Thomas Carlyle

I haven't posted in awhile. I've been swammmped at work. I love being swamped at work though so as sad as I've been to have to abandon my blog I can't lie...I've been happy in the craziness.



This past weekend we went to Charlotte, NC to watch two family friends get married. It was SUCH.A.FUN. weekend. My family hit the dance floor for the first song played at 7:30pm and didn't stop dancing until 11pm. Literally we tore it up. I don't remember the last time I had that much fun. It just further proves that my family is the greatest family on earth. I love them so much and am glad they are everything to me.

Fam at the Rehersal Dinner


Dancing the night away


Yeah-we know we're sexy


About to become Mr. & Mrs. Rob Fitzgerald



One thing that was different (for me at least) this weekend was the type of wedding Rob & Pilar had. They had a wedding that didn't really involve religion or God. This is fine for them... it was still a beautiful and sentimental wedding. It was their perfect day and we were all so happy for them.

Watching them get married by the Magistrate in front of everyone made me realize that their wedding was missing a HUGE element(s) that I know I require in my own personal wedding...

God. Faith. Religion.

I believe (and hope that) my wedding day will involve more than just me and my husband. I think it is essential that God be a third part of my wedding day triangle. I myself have such a strong faith and I can't wait to find someone to stand on the alter with me and share that faith and love with one another. I want God, faith, religion to be an integral part of my wedding as well as the rest of my life long marriage.

I want a triangular marriage. I want to stand up in front of everyone I love and give myself to my husband under the guidance of my savor.

I normally don't like to share my prayers, beliefs, feelings etc outloud and in public forums like a blog. I enjoy the personal relationship I have with the Lord and I like the sincerity of it. This past weekend just has been weighing on my mind.

Now don't get me wrong... I thought the wedding was absolutely wonderful and I know the bride and groom did too. They did their wedding exactly how they wanted to and I think it was perfect for them. I think people all over should get married how they want to, when they want to, and with as much or as little religion involved as they want to. It's up to the individual couple to decide how religious they want their wedding to be. Just because they didn't have a spiritual wedding doesn't mean they don't believe in God and have a strong faith in their everyday lives and marriages.

Basically... I'm not trying to judge anyone through this post. These are just my personal opinions.

 I just believe that God should be a huge part of a marriage (and life).

So that was my religious rant and I'm done now.

Amen. Smell ya later.

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! Jon and I strive for that triangular marriage you are talking about with the Lord at the top. The second we let our issues and problems come before Him, we take a step back and remember that this marriage involves three of us. It really is amazing that the bible gives you ALL the tools you need for a wonderful, Christ centered, long lasting marriage!

    ReplyDelete