new

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day Date Summer 2011

Quote: "Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."


I had a lovely weekend this past weekend...

Friday night Taylor and I ordered food to go and watched a movie and ate. It was just the relaxing Friday night that I was looking for. We ordered from Roasters... YUMMMMM.



Saturday I got to sleep in until 11:30am -what a treat! It was nice to be able to sleep in and just relax. Then I decided to head into Marietta to spend the day/night with my mom. My dad and sister were down in Auburn watching my brother's scrimmage so I was able to get quality time alone with my mom!

This is my cute little mother. She's the best.



We went and saw the movie The Help. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the book. It is one of the best books I've read in a long long time (GO READ IT). I was a little nervous that the movie wouldn't do that book justice. Luckily the movie was so good. I think it did a WONDERFUL job of portraying the book. The characters they cast for the roles did an excellent job. I would for sure recommend reading the book and seeing the movie.


After the movie mom and I went to Lucia's Italian Restaurant to eat. My sister Abby was working as the hostess there so we went to visit her also. We split chicken marsala, an appetizer, salad, and wine. It was delicious. Abby liked it too because she could walk by and sneak bites of our food.


I took Monday off work because I have PTO time saved up and wanted to use a day of it before my last day of work (tomorrow) before I start my new job. Taylor got off work at 3pm so we decided (well I decided and he went along with it) to have Day Date Summer 2011! Woo!

It's really rare for us to be able to both have a day off to hang out so I wanted to take full advantage of it. We went to the Georgia Aquarium. It was such a nice time being together and looking at all the fishies.

This is the one awkward picture we took together.
We don't do pictures very well ha.




After the aquarium we walked to a seafood restaurant called Legal's Seafood. The restaurant overlooked the aquarium and we sat and split some appetizers and had a beer -well I had two Shhh. It was so nice to be doing something different with my manfriend. I really enjoyed it.


Well I just have to make it through the rest of today and tomorrow and then I have Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun off before I start my new job on Monday the 22nd. I'm super excited but starting to get a little nervous for the big change! I think it'll be awesome for me though.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Smell ya later.

1 comment:

  1. seriously.. how cute are you? uh... hot mom alert! shes beautiful! i love that we both have pretty moms... we totally got the genes.. right?? love that you call him your "manfriend".. i say that too... ugh.. love your posts! sounds like a fab weekend! :) MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete