new

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beer can chicken

Quote:  "The belly rules the mind." -Spanish Proverb


Last night I decided to try my hand at cooking a whole chicken for my man friend and myself. I was brave and decided I wanted to use my new Beer Can Chicken holder. It's a weird little contraption that looks like this:



You have to stick a 1/2 full can of beer in the holder and then basically just jam it up the chicken's butt.

The thing that made me gaggy was having to take all the gooey organ crap out of the chicken. It.Smelled.So.Nasty. I cut the chicken out of its wrapping and the juices were horrible. So horrible. I know people clean turkeys and chickens all the time but this was my first experience and it made me want to vom a little.

So, like the brave little toaster (aw good movie) that I am I jammed my hand right up it's rear and cleaned it out, rinsed it, and patted it dry. Then I seasoned that naked little chicken up real good. I mean REEEAAAAL good. Just kidding I was lacking on the seasoning so salt, pepper, and garlic salt it was.

Then I went right ahead and jammed the beer up its A**. Just jammed it. Well first I jammed an onion up there for flavor but then UPPPP went the beer. The little seasoned chicken sat upright on that can like a champ.

Most people grill the beer can chicken but I live in an apartment and can't have a grill on my patio so in the oven that little chicken went. I cooked him at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes. And let me just tell you that little chicken sat there perfectly the whole time!

The chicken tasted really really really good. I had Taylor cut it up because I just couldn't take mutilating the little guy any further. Just kidding... I let him carve it so he could feel like a "man". HA


I didn't take a picture of my actual chicken unfortunately but it looked almost exactly like this one. I made some fresh green beans and homemade sweet potato fries to go along with the chicken.

It was delicious and SUPER easy. I'd recommend going out and getting the beer can base and cooking this yourself!

Smell ya later. Chef Amy OUT.


No comments:

Post a Comment