new

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Quote: "But out of limitations comes creativity". -Debbie Allen


The above quote sums up my decorating style. I am limited in funds (aka poor recent college grad) and because of that I have to use my creativity in order to decorate/make my life cute.

I love being thrifty and creative so much though. It's so fun to me when I see something cute at Pottery Barn for like $100,000,000 and think "I can make that for CHEAP". My friends always laugh at me because that's basically my motto... "Don't buy that...I can make that".

We just added a few DIY touches to our apartment recently.

Have you every tried Chalkboard spray paint?  If you haven't you SHOULD. It is soooooooo easy and soooooo awesome.

I went to the local Goodwill and bought this framed picture for $7.23. The picture was ugly but the frame was super cute. It's cream and distressed looking. Bingo Bango.. just what I was looking for!



I took the glass out of the frame and spray painted it with a can of Chalkboard spray paint I got at Home Depot for like $4.


I sprayed it 3 different times and let it dry between each coat. I only ended up using 1/2 the can of paint to spray 3 coats so I can probably make another whole chalkboard with the same can!


Once it was totally dry I put the glass back into the frame and BOOOOM...



How cute is that!? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it turned out. I think the black looks awesome against the cream frame.

We hung it up in our kitchen and use it to write notes, jokes, and bill amounts (boo for bills).

I also have done a few other DIY projects lately so hopefully more to come...


Smell ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment