new

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloweenie 2011

Quote: "When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, 'tis near Halloween." -unknown


Halloweenie (It's more fun to call it that) was a blast this year. I haven't done anything for Halloween in the past 3 years because I've always gone to a football game. This year I was super torn between having a Halloween gathering and going out or going to the Ole Miss vs Auburn game with my family.

Getting extra tickets for everyone was proving hard for my brother so I decided to just skip this game so someone from out of town could have my ticket. (I know, I know, I'm so selfless.)

Anyway... Friday night I picked up family friends from the airport in ATL and drove them to Marietta to my parents house. We all went to Lucia's Italian Restaurant and had wine, laughs, and delicious food. My manfriend is a HUGGGGGGE Cardnials fan and he even missed the beginnning of Game 7 of the World Series to be at dinner with me and my family---can you say major brownie points?! What a nice fella.

Saturday I made snacks for my Halloweenie gathering. I made a pumpkin cake, pigs in a blanket, roasted pumpkin seeds (saved for me from my man friend's pumpkin -more brownie points), peanuts, and Pizza.

My friend Erin made Spiced Rum Cider which was strong but delicious.



Then I had a few people over before we went out to the bars. Costumes ranged from cute to funny.


Sandra Dee, Go-Go girl, and an Old school bball player.


Old school bball player & Go-Go girl.



My friend Sir Elton John... 


Old school bball player, LSU Football player, Elton John & a Cop.


Marvin was a baby.
 We had to force him to put shoes on to go to the bars.  


On Monday night (actual Halloween night) I went home to Marietta and Taylor and I went to my parent's house. Mom makes chili every Halloween and it's my favorite. I got to hang out with my fam and bf, see all the little trick-or-treaters, and eat delish chili!

Ann was the only one dressed up. She was Mario and at the end of the night put Specs in her overalls so she could be Yoshi. 


This weekend Erin (the go-go girl) and I are flying to Memphis to visit our friend Kelley. She's in Grad school at the Univ of Memphis and has been wanting us to come visit her. So Friday we're hoping on a plane to fly to Memph-nasty.

Hope everyone's Halloween was fun!

Smell ya later.

1 comment: